Saturday, January 3, 2009

Numerous Training and Rookie






Today was a great day with success riding Rookie , We started to ride in the round pen and then we went to the large turnout were Rookie and I walked and trotted and zig zaged across from rail to rail .Then a gust of wind came up and I lost my hat Rookie was very calm so we Played the touch it game while I was on his back Rookie went to my hat which was about ten feet away and put his nose on my hat, It was SO cool. I picked my hat and rookie and I walked to the round pen and it was being used so I had this brain storm that I will ride Rookie around the ranch so we went to the Parelli sand box across from the round pen and I climbed aboard and away we went .We rode around the sand box to the large turnout around hospice to the barn back to the mare motel went inside and came out by my tack shed then to the feed room and back to the small turnout to play .Rookie was like riding a new horse as if he new what to do !! I'm blessed to have a GREAT COMPANION as Rookie.
As for Numerous we did allot of Parelli It was a tough day for him .Now its his turn to be as good as Rookie and I have No doubt he will be we have a great companionship also .

Keep It Natural

No comments: