Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rookie training W/ Jill Curtis






Well we didn't make it with the pushing passenger part of our test . talking with Marc and Jill it is because Me being new at riding and Rookie being Green broke nether one of us new what to do . Marc called me today and said for me doing Parelli I was learning the Hard way .Most riders start with the BASICs of riding and the Horse they are using has been trained to ride . Well OK I wanted to teach my own horse and Rookies Ground skills are Perfect again we passed all level one but pushing passenger That's pretty Dam Good with a very Green Horse. So now Rookie and I have had our first riding lesson with Jill yesterday and it was very difficult for me and Rookie.We did allot of phases and Jill did allot of coaching Wow my legs and butt are sore . Jill even did some riding and I was seeing a different Rookie ,He had a little attitude with me and Jill, Hm Interesting!!
Today Rookie and I practiced riding and we both understand alittle more . we started and stop ed at different areas and even went from a walk to a trot , did crossing the arena and figure 8 s.Hell we even circled and went between the barrel and the stepping stool .All in all what a Great day. We will ride again Thursday and we have a lesson with Jill on Friday
So for now

Keep It Natural

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Good job, Dave! Rookie will appreciate all your hard work and your relationship will just continue to grow in 2009...best wishes to you and the "bad boys". :-)

the 4 D's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.